It’s that time of year again to shop for the men in your life who mostly reply to the question “What do you want for christmas?” with an “I don’t know”.
Every year I have trouble shopping for everyone but when it comes to fathers, brothers, and significant others I tend to struggle! My dad never wants anything and my boyfriend doesn’t want anything except for music gear!
Here’s a small list of safe items for the modern day guy!
1. Laptop Case: Everyone needs a laptop case! It’s perfect for the guy on the go who needs to carry his laptop around from place to place while still keeping it safe! MacBooks definitely aren’t cheap so a case would be worth it! You could also have it monogrammed for an extra personal touch!
2. Sweater /Hoodie: I know personally my boyfriend or dad wouldn’t want clothes for christmas and would be disappointed but I know a ton of people who love getting a warm casual sweater or a sports related hoodie so they can rep their favorite team! The best part is you can find decent quality sweater for a super cheap price – the one I linked is only $35 and comes in 3 different colors!
3. iPhone Case: I think everyone (including girlfriends and moms) needs a good case! I’m all about a nice looking case and I love that this one has room for some cards! I hate how people add the stick on card holder on the back because they tend to look cheap and tacky and ruin your case but you can’t go wrong with a built in one!
4. A nice cologne: Every guy has a signature scent and it’s comforting to smell it and just know that this person is around you. My boyfriend has the Burberry Brit cologne and I love the smell of it! I also like a good Armani cologne! If you aren’t ready to buy a full bottle either if you aren’t sure they’ll like it – a sample would be a great idea added on with another gift!
5. Wireless Headphones: This pair is super affordable and is on sale for $17! I know they probably aren’t the best but they’re a good start for someone just trying to get into the idea of headphones without a cord! I’ve been shopping for a pair for myself since getting the iPhone 8 and I’m leaning towards Beats or EarPods for myself but would not be opposed to giving them as a gift either!
6. Sneakers: A casual pair of shoes is always a must! Especially if your guy is always wearing work shoes or dress shoes! It’s a really simple and thoughtful gift! A nice pair of sneakers always goes a long way because people are usually always on their feet!
7. Sunglasses: A nice pair of sunglasses is always a good thing to have and invest in! You practically use them all year round! I find myself needing them all summer long and all winter long – especially when the leaves fall are completely off the trees! I’m totally looking into a new pair of prescription sunglasses myself and think they’d also make a great gift if someone also has poor eyesight!
8. Baseball Cap: These are all fairly cheap and come in a variety of colors and styles! I really like college ones or Vineyard Vines ones as well – but a good Polo cap is a classic!
9. Watch: I love watches on guys! My favorite happens to be super pricey and honestly downright unrealistic – no normal person can afford an Audemars Piguet! However, there are a lot of affordable brands out there that offer great looking watches at an affordable price – Timex, Daniel Wellington, etc!
Hopefully this guide somewhat helps and hopefully at least one thing is useful to you!